Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hijab Rework, Not Hijab Removal?

As-Salaamu alaikum (Peace be with you),

To my sisters who are considering removing their hijab: Maybe it's just time for a hijab makeover in addition to an iman (faith) makeover. I remind myself before I remind anyone else. 

Jennifer Kabir writes in her article: "Your headscarf is a big part of your wardrobe yet contrary to what we have been taught it does not necessarily have to be the defining element of your style." I would say that my headscarf is obligatory and it does definitely define my style. However, as Allah (God) tells us, the best dress is good character. Obedience to God must be reflected in all our of actions. Insha-Allah we should be God-conscious Muslims on the outside and on the inside.

Here are some of Jennifer Kabir's Hijab Fashion Tips.
There was an error in this gadget